Monday, June 9, 2008

More about saving on food, again

Haven't seen the price of food coming down yet, have you? Even with summertime coming on and produce being more available, those prices just keep creeping up.

I don't know about you, but summertime means more activity around here. Working outside, doing things and going places that are reserved for warm weather wears me out sometimes. Cooking is the last thing I want to do when I'm tired, and I'm tempted to run to the closest hamburger joint, but with the price of food going up even there, staying home is a frugal (and cool!) option.

So, thinking about that, I wrote an article for Associated Content about making your own fast food:

Beat the High Cost of Food: Do it Yourself Fast Food


When I started researching, it was surprising to me how simple their tricks are. Maybe you knew that (and I feel as if I should have known it!) or maybe you know more about the tricks they use, but it was enough to make me stay home.

Other articles in the series are

Beat the High Cost of Food: Shop the Sales

Beat the High Cost of Food: Get it Free


Beat the High Cost of Food: Eat the Leftovers!

2 comments:

  1. That was an awesome article Pat! I liked it so much I saved it and will use your helpful tips this summer and beyond. Keep up the great work and thank you!

    ReplyDelete