Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Enter: The Holidays

It feels as if we're racing headlong into the winter holidays! Halloween today and then it's time to plan for Thanksgiving and the day after Thanksgiving is Christmas - or so it seems.

It could be that Christmas comes before Halloween, though. According to some stores, it's been with us for awhile already. I do love Christmas from the beginning to the end and (shhhh... don't tell anyone) I listen to Christmas music now and then throughout the year. It's especially appealing in July and August when the weather is hot and all I want is a cool spell. "Jingle Bells" and "Winter Wonderland" brings on visions of snow and ice - perfect antidotes to sunburn and perspiration.

Be that as it may, I'm not quite ready to decorate for Christmas in October, much less September, when the first of Christmas hit some of the retail shelves!

It's a big season for businesses, of course, but I'm wondering if they'd sell just as much if they took each season as it came and waited until we were in the Christmas mood to hit us with all those bright and beautiful baubles?

6 comments:

  1. I hear you on the holiday music. Its my favorite no matter what time of year:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm glad I'm not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I drive my family crazy with holiday music. My favorite is "Silver and Gold" from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. I found a cassette with that song on it a few years back and I play it over and over at Christmas time. LOL.

    I hate hate hate seeing all the Christmas stuff start popping up in the stores earlier and earlier every year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my favorite is the "Christmas Song" (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire..."). My daughter used to say she didn't like Christmas carols, but I noticed last year she was listening to them. She's been out of the house for a couple of years, so maybe I was just overdoing it??? ;) Or maybe she missed Mom's mania.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat- I find the busier I am, the less I get to the store- for me it is convenient to have the products there for longer.
    My dad says the same thing, but he never shops-I had everything ready by the end of Nov last year with a Dec baby!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracy, November I can understand. September is a different story. I don't buy that many decorations!

    ReplyDelete