Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Beautiful weather for frugal people

I'm loving this transitional weather between summer and winter. It's been cool enough to not need the air conditioner and warm enough to not need heat - a frugalite's dream. No comfort expenses and lots of simple pleasure. I've been wandering around outside on breaks and just soaking in the good feeling of early autumn.

It's too early to worry much about keeping warm this winter (although I have some things to do to batten down the hatches before then) and the garden isn't quite finished yet, so I don't have to clean it up and put it to sleep for the winter. It's just right to enjoy.

Besides wandering around outside, I've been writing a few more Wyoming memories and publishing them at Gather.com, as well as working with the community at Dollar Stretcher and writing a few other things. Mostly I'm looking forward to more wonderful weather. (Like snow!)

The First House: Cleaning the Well

The First House: The Skunk in the Glass

4 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed reading your stories! To me kids these days have really missed out on a lot of good and bad times. We didn't have to go to the store and buy a toy. The world was our toys. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're enjoying them. Times were certainly different; I'm glad I was a kid then instead of now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your stories of growing up. You are a great writer! I enjoy you in the dollar stretcher forums too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! :) I really enjoy the forums at Dollar Stretcher and all the people who post there.

    ReplyDelete