Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I'm Down to Eating Cat Food

Did that catch your attention?

Ok, the story: My daughter's roommate's Grandmother loves cats... and she doesn't mind spending money, either. Anyway, she gave the roommate several cans of salmon (the $3 and up kind) for her cat.

They already had a good supply of cat food and of the three girls, my daughter was the only one who would eat canned salmon, so long story short, she brought it to me because she knows how much I love it.

I know it's not frugal to eat it this way, but it was free... so I'm having salmon and crackers. For breakfast, yet.

Hey, who says frugalistas never enjoy life?

And I know it's been said before, but it reminded me that if it weren't for all those money spending people, we'd have a lot harder time being frugal.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me, price was just right if ya ask me.

    blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know... free IS frugal, but I admit to thinking that I could have made a full meal for several people if I'd made salmon cakes or a casserole of some kind with it. Maybe that's one of those "extremely frugal" things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But do you have several people to serve salmon cakes or a casserole to at breakfast? Plus you would have to replace the ingredients used to make, so other than crackers it didn't cost you anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, Jim, it would have cost more to make a casserole or salmon cakes, but I would have gotten a lot more from it. I don't often entertain people for breakfast, though, you got that right. :) It could have been used for dinner, though, for company.
    Oh, the angst involved in being frugal!

    ReplyDelete