Monday, February 11, 2019

Frugal ways to keep your feet warm and dry

If your feet get cold in your shoes, make insoles to help hold in the heat. A woolen sweater that's been shrunk in the dryer makes excellent material for insoles. Measure around your foot on newspaper, cut it out and use that for an insole pattern.

Alternatively, you can make insoles from newspaper. Use several layers and cut them to shape, then punch holes about an inch apart around them and lace them together with yarn or soft string. Don't punch the holes too close to the edge so they won't tear out.

To keep your feet dry inside leaky snowboots or rainboots or just your shoes, put a bread sack over your foot or shoe before putting on the boot or shoe.

Got cold feet at night? If wearing socks to bed isn't enough, fill a 2 liter soft drink bottle with hot tap water and close the lid firmly. Put it in your bed and it will stay warm for quite some time.

If you're lucky enough to have a wood stove, heat a rock or brick on it. Cover it with a cloth and put that in your bed.

Make a quick hot sock with rice or other grains. Pour them into an old sock without holes, then micowave or heat in a slow oven. You can use this on the floor when you're sitting as well as in bed.

What did I miss? How do you keep your feet warm when it's cold?

4 comments:

  1. My desk at work is metal and the floor is concrete, so my feet get really cold. I put a rug under my desk, but it didn't help much so I ended up buying a pair of boots that keep my feet warm. I love the wool sock idea, because that way i can wear any shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat,
    Always so happy to see your blog pop up in my email inbox!!! Thank you for thinking of us all again and taking time to write. It is like getting a letter from a beloved old friend each time.
    This idea for warming up feet when home (or knees, even) is sort of different, but it really helps me: I sometimes use an inexpensive muscle rub cream--the kind that makes the skin warm and brings blood to the area better--and put on socks or a blanket for my knees. It gives an immediate feeling of relief!

    Pam,
    in Knoxville, TN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ideias fabusolas que nos trazem sempre uma novidade em especial ainda mais para nós que atuamos com pintura residencial

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I GOT CURED FROM HERPES VIRUS I was diagnosed of HERPES virus and i have tried all I can to get cured but all to no avail,,until I saw a post in a health forum about a herbalist man who prepare herbal medications to cure all kind of diseases including #HERPES virus,at first I doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try,when I contacted this herbalist via his email and he prepared a #HERPES herbal cure and sent it to me via DHL delivery company service, when I received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by direction on how to apply it,after applying the way I was instructed,I was totally cured of this deadly disease called HERPES, all thanks to Dr OGODO Email this great herbal doctor via his email Ogodoherbalhomesolution@gmail.com
      You can also WhatsApp him on +2349044680467
      HE CAN ALSO CURE SICKNESS LIKE
      {1}HIV/AIDS
      {2}DIABETES
      {3}EPILEPSY
      {4} BLOOD CANCER
      {5} HPV
      {6} ALS
      {7} HEPATITIS
      {8}LOVE SPELL
      {9} SICKLE AND ANEMIA
      Only DR OGODO Can Help You I Love You Father.

      Delete