Friday, August 24, 2012

I Love Sunflowers

I love sunflowers, ask anyone. I grow them whenever and wherever I can. This year, I'm saving as much seed as I can to eat as snacks and to plant again next year. With food prices going up, I may be eating sunflowers for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Not sunflower seeds, but sunflowers. They make good food in a variety of ways. Don't tell anyone, though. We may be relying on these flowers as well as the "weedy" variety - wild ones.

How to Eat a Sunflower tells how. If you decide to try some, now is the time in most areas. Get to them before they go to seed (or not, if that's what you're after). Try them in all those ways, then if you really like them or think it would be worth having a frugal trick up your sleeve, save some seed and plant them next year!