Sunday, October 3, 2010

What kind of wealth?

It's interesting to skim through the list of titles under "Finances, Money Perspectives".

One of my favorites is "Poor in Money and Rich in Time"  and the other is the exact opposite, "Is Money Evil?"

Both ends of the rainbow offer satisfactory wealth for different persons. The question quickly becomes very personal. Just where on the scale do you want to land?

Do you want to be rich in goods? Or would you rather be rich in time? Or somewhere in between?

There's no "right" answer, except what's right for you.

And I'll tell you a secret. You can't get there from here until you know where "there" is.

Think about it. It's not as simple as it might seem.

2 comments:

  1. Pat, please check your link to the "Is Money Evil?" article. (I was able to read it from the "Finances, Money, Perspective" link, though.) Very interesting reads!

    I personally would prefer to be poor with the people I love than to be rich and miserable. I would like to live a life that is not money-centric. There are so many more things I want to spend my life on!

    I want to have a healthy balance between needing money to pay bills and having to focus my energy on how to get the money I need to pay bills. Does that make sense?

    I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like to have "enough" money. Not too much so that it consumes me with worry about stocks, investments, theft, etc. Not too little so that I worry where my next meal will come from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for catching that, Stacie! It should work now.

    I enjoyed both perspectives represented by those articles and I think either one can work for the right person. Most of us probably prefer the middle road - since that's where most of us are.

    ReplyDelete