Sunday, August 17, 2008

Oops, there went another one...


More rain.

These sunflowers were obviously not deeply rooted. This ground is very poor, with a shallow layer of topsoil over clay subsoil, so it's hard for annuals to get a good toehold.

On the other side, shorter oil type sunflowers weathered the storms much better.


In case you hadn't figured it out, I finally got a new digital camera. It's a Samsung, , and with careful saving of other Amazon gift certificates and a good daughter (another gift certificate for my birthday), it didn't cost me anything.

4 comments:

  1. Love the sunflowers, glad you can take pictures again! Post more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad I can take pictures again, too. ;)
    I'll be posting more as time goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the sunflowers.. collapsing...they are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Betty Ann. I'm trying to figure out how to prop them up for awhile.

    ReplyDelete