Wednesday, August 1, 2007

It's Raining!

Ok, so that may not be so thrilling to everyone, but it is to me. I love rain and we haven't had much of it here lately. Rain and snow are known as the "poor man's fertilizer" and it really is.

Gardens and lawns don't do well without a rain now and then, no matter how much treated water you pour on them. Tap water has chlorine in it, which isn't good for plants, so they don't grow as well as they do when they get rain water.

Besides that, it's cheaper.

How's that for a frugal take? ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pat,
    I love the rain, too. I live in a rainy zone, yet there's nothing as thrilling as the smell of fresh rain or the scent of the dirt mixed with the rain just before it starts. It ranks right up there with fresh tomatoes ripening on the vine. It's frugal and it's fun - works for me! Terre

    ReplyDelete
  2. It used to rain a lot more here and I loved it just as much, so I know what you mean. I moved here from Wyoming, where it rains for 15 minutes at a time, instead of the two day rains this area used to get. That was just awesome to me. I wish it still did that.

    ReplyDelete