Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Washing windows

I put off some things until I'm ashamed of myself. One of those things is washing windows. I just really hate to do it. I love to see them clean, though (Read: I like to see out of them), so they get done one way or another, at least twice a year. If I were a spendthrift, I'd hire someone to do them a lot more often, but I can't make myself do that.

Anyway... a lot of the chores around the house (especially the ones I don't enjoy) are done to the sound of music or audio books borrowed from the library.

Before I go any further, I have a question: Do you ever pretend?

I've found that I can fool myself - kind of, anyway - if I pretend that I'm paying someone else to let me exercise. Now, isn't that silly? But before you agree too heartily, I will tell you that I get a lot done that way. I just can't waste even pretend money.

Oh, well.

I wrote a piece about the easy and cheap way to wash windows while I was putting off the chore.

Now. What else needs to be done before I wash windows? I'll find something. :)

4 comments:

  1. I have to think of some pretense to get myself to go to the gym. My employer pays for the membership. I have very intermittent success getting myself there at the end of work days and haven't had much success with getting myself there super-early either, so I've been wasting a fringe benefit that could be very beneficial for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe if you pretend that you're paying for it yourself? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to compute the cost per day and pretend I'm paying it myself. Almost every day I come up with an excuse why I won't go to the gym "for that day" and before I know it a week or two has gone by and I haven't gone at all:-( Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretending is a great tool! :)

    ReplyDelete