Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Apologies in Advance (a post all about me)

I hate word games. You know, where someone calls up and asks, "Are you going to be busy tomorrow afternoon?"

I always wonder if I should be busy. Why can't they just come out and say, "Will you have time to take me to the mall tomorrow afternoon?"

Or, "Would you mind if I stopped by after work tomorrow?"

Other word games are as bad. I don't take hints. Anyone who has dealt with me at all knows that. If you want me to do something, you have to come out and say so. If you want me to know something, just tell me. If you want me to shut up... good luck.

I don't know what that means. Maybe I'm dense or maybe I'm low class. Or maybe I'm direct. I like the third idea better, it seems more like something done on purpose.

Believe me, though, this is not an "on purpose" thing. My mind just doesn't work through the polite, pseudo suggestions or the roundabout way of saying things.

Two days later, I may "get it." Or not.

I know... this don't got nuttin' to do with being frugal, but maybe it explains why I cut to the chase when I'm trying to save. Sometimes those extra frills just don't soak in.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this one. No Mickey Mouse games...just get to the point, LOL! I love, 'are you busy tomorrow afternoon?' Don't you just want to say something like, 'not really. I was planning to sit on the deck sipping margaritas and staring at the neighbor's pool boy.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Yes, I get that kind of urge, too. It's a good thing we can laugh about it.

    ReplyDelete