Are you in the market for an appliance or other "big ticket" item? You can save money by following the rule of three. It goes like this:
1. Go to the store or site of your choice and choose the exact one you want, or decide on a type that you want, with brand, size, etc., negotiable. Make detailed notes.
2. Go to another store or site and compare what they have with what you saw at the other store. Make sure each item is comparable. If you find a size or type that the other store didn't have and you like it better, make note of it.
3. Go to yet another store. Follow the same procedure. Check the exact item if you're sure that's what you want, or look through the types, sizes and so on, to make up your mind. Make notes.
That's it. Go home. Wait three days.
1. Sit down with your notes.
2. Decide which one is the best deal.
3. Go and buy it.