Tuesday, November 6, 2007

It's almost Thanksgiving!

It's kind of slipping up on us, so I thought I'd give warning. :)

I'm going to be very honest. I know I should think first about the things I'm thankful for - or maybe I should think about family getting together, or about those without family or homes. But the first thing I think about is a turkey.

A big, roasted turkey, to be more specific. I love turkey and I always get one that's 'way too big so I'll have a lot of leftovers. I've already bought one this year - a 21 pounder from Safeway, where they're on sale already. $6 for 21 pounds of meat is a pretty good deal even if part of it is bone.

I need to clean out the freezer so I can get another one while they're on sale. Or maybe two. Well, if I got three, I'd have enough meat for the next two or three months for $18... hmmm...

8 comments:

  1. Pat- always love the way your frugal mind turns...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's fun. Er... I mean, thank you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this outloud to my son and he said "you do the same thing", I do need to clean out my freezer to buy two or maybe more, hmmmmm and pork is so cheap at this time also - maybe I need to buy another chest freezer to save money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, that's an idea, Carol. Maybe I need another freezer, too. I could fill it with turkeys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, really think turkey is a money stretcher! It is the best time to buy turkey as well as pork--and I do! Well, not the turkeys. We raise some every year, but I have been buying pork. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I raised three turkeys one year, Gigi. One of them got so big we had to cut it in two to get it in the oven! :) I should stock up on pork now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pat, I think your wondeful! I just need to download your mind so I can have a better frugal mind?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *Blush*

    That's a hard act to follow, but thank you.

    ReplyDelete