What will you do if there are no more plastic bags? They've become such a part of my household that I would hate to do without! I understand the ecological concern, but I am not on board with it. If they outlaw free plastic bags, we will just have to buy the non free kind. How does that help?
Right now, those freebies can be used in multiple ways; some I won't even try to go into here. Here are some ways I do use them, though, and I'm sure some of you have different uses for them. If so, tell us about it!
- Kitchen and bathroom trash can liners
- Containers for yarn, clothing and odds and ends
- Containers for wet clothing
- To hold pulled weeds and other small yard waste for the trash
- Trash holder in the car, especially for long trips
Other ways that I have tried or not, but don't do now:
- Making plarn (plastic "yarn") to knit or crochet with
- Make plastic rope
- Iron together for a piece of sturdier plastic
- Slip your hand inside one to pick up nasty stuff
- Kneeling pads if you need to change a tire or work in the garden
And so on and so on. What will we do if there are no more plastic bags?