1. Check insulation in your home and caulk around windows and wherever it's needed.
2. Get your car serviced to make sure the antifreeze and tires are up to par, especially. Get a tune up if needed.
3. Check the coat closet to make sure everyone has enough cold weather gear. Jackets, coats, snow shoes, mittens and hats need to be in good condition.
4. Have your furnace checked or your chimney cleaned or whatever you use to heat your home, serviced and ready to go. This includes filters and thermostats.
5. Bring in plants that need to winter over in the house. Mulch over other plants that need it and clean up the garden.
Enjoy the weather right now! It will soon enough be cold!